QuickPwn - Firmware 2.0.1
To get QuickPwn, download it from HERE or HERE
You’re going to need a copy of Firmware 2.0.1
The file name is called iPod1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw
If you have downloaded it through iTunes, you can find it on your computer at the following directories:
* VISTA: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates
* XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates
You can also download it from HERE.
Make sure you are on a clean 2.0.1 firmware. You do not need to restore before this if you don't want to lose music, contacts, etc, but it is recommended.
If you are not on a clean 2.0.1 firmware, back up your music and videos, then:
• Make sure you are on the latest iTunes version, hold Shift and click Restore.
• Select iPod1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw
• Wait for it to restore your iPod
Extract the contents of both the .zip’s (from step 1) to a folder on your Desktop
Put the 2.0.1 firmware file (iPod1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw)into the folder you extracted the .zip to
Plug your iPod in, but close iTunes when it pops up
Run the QuickPwnGUI120.exe
Select "iPod Touch" from the GUI that pops up (Or "iPhone" for 2G, "iPhone 3G" for 3G)
Select "Browse" and find the 2.0.1 firmware file when the next step appears
Select the "Add Cydia" and "Add Installer". If you want the Pwnapple boot logo, then select "Replace Boot Logos". If not, deselect.
Select "Go!" and get ready to roll
A command line should pop up. Be patient with it, it takes a while to take in and prepare all the data. You will have to answer some questions and follow some directions. It's not too difficult, so I'll leave you on your own. If you need help, PM me or ask me to post it.
* Do not exit until it closes automatically. As soon as the "Processes" part starts, you can release the home button.
Congratulations! You’ve just Jailbroken your iPod Touch!
*If this method of Jailbreaking did not work, try the WinPwn method.
For information on what you can do now, check out our Jailbroken: What to do now? page.
Copyright © 2008 iPodTouchScene.com. iPod Touch, iPhone, iTunes and the Apple logo are sole property of Apple Computer, Inc.