WinPwn - Firmware 2.0
1. Before you download WinPwn, make sure you uninstall all previous versions if you have downloaded them before.
Then download WinPwn 220.127.116.11 from HERE.
2. Now you’re going to need a copy of Firmware 2.0.
The file name is called iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw
If you have downloaded it through iTunes, you can find it on your computer at the following directories:
* VISTA: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates
* XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates
If you have not downloaded it (iTunes charges iPod Touch users $9.25) then you can download it HERE.
3. Open WinPwn 18.104.22.168
* If you are on Vista, you must right-click the program and select "Run as Administrator" for the application to function properly.
4. Select the "Browse .ipsw" option, and find the firmware file (iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw) either at the directory you downloaded it to, or the previously mentioned iTunes directories.
5. After the firmware is recognized, select the now clickable "IPSW Builder"
6. Select Cydia, Installer, and the YouTube fix from Applications. Then click “Partition resize” and make the root parition size 500MB. Then hit the "Build .ipsw" in the bottom-left hand corner.
7. Select a destination folder for your .ipsw (Desktop, easiest), and then hit "OK". Wait patiently for the .ipsw creation to finish. A message will pop up when it is done creating the file.
8. Return to the main WinPwn GUI, and select the option labeled "iPwner". Open the custom firmware when it asks you to, and then wait for the message that reads "Your iTunes has been Pwned!"
9. Exit WinPwn and re-check that your iPod Touch is plugged in. Open iTunes, and wait for it to recognize your device.
Put your device in DFU mode by following these directions:
* Turn your device off and wait 10 seconds
* Hold down both the power and home buttons for 10 seconds
* Release the power button after the 10 seconds, and hold the home button until the device is recognized by iTunes and it says it is in recovery mode
*** Note: Your screen should stay the same color the entire time after turning it off. If it turns on or you get the "Connect to iTunes" screen, then make sure your device is firmly connected, and that your buttons are functioning correctly and are being held in firmly as well.
*** To test if you are truly in DFU, hold the power button for 10 seconds while still connected to the computer after it was recognized by iTunes. If it does not turn on, then you are in DFU mode.
Hold down the "Shift" button, and select "Restore" from the iPod screen in iTunes. Find your custom firmware that you created, and then open it. Wait for the iPod to restore (Should take 5-30 minutes), and you will have the App Store, 2.0 firmware, Cydia, and Installer on your device
Congratulations! You’ve just Jailbroken your iPod Touch!
For information on what you can do now, check out our Jailbroken: What to do now? page.
Copyright © 2008 iPodTouchScene.com. iPod Touch, iPhone, iTunes and the Apple logo are sole property of Apple Computer, Inc.